“ This is a human-size company. People are approachable at every level. ”
At Harry Winston, it's all about the diamonds. Harry Winston is a truly unique diamond company that combines the most exclusive and prestigious jewelry luxury brand with the know-how of sorting and selling rough diamonds through our mining segment. Our proud heritage and unmatched expertise has created the enduring legacy we live by each day. Harry Winston was the first jeweler to loan diamonds to a celebrity on the red carpet, and is renowned for donating the Hope Diamond to the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, D.C. In the pioneering spirit of our founder, Harry Winston broke new ground in fine watchmaking with the Opus Series. It takes nothing less than pure dedication and passion to work at Harry Winston. If you also possess this kind of enthusiasm, we encourage you to join the Harry Winston team.
Our knowledgeable, trustworthy and talented team values loyalty, and is committed to the Harry Winston brand. We are proud to create some of the most exclusive and prestigious jewelry and timepieces in the world, yet we remain genuine and modest. Our entrepreneurial spirit, driven by our visionary and dynamic leaders, empowers us to grow the brand and take Harry Winston to the next level.
The Harry Winston team takes great pride in perpetuating its strong heritage by combining craftsmanship, innovation and dedication, and in doing so, we stay true to the legacy of Harry Winston, the "King of Diamonds". From crafting the finest jewelry in the world, by hand, to participating in a joint venture that extracts diamonds with uncompromising ethics to protect the sensitive environment of Canada's North, to becoming one of the top fine watchmakers in the world in only 20 years, we perpetuate the pioneering spirit of our founder. We stay true to his legacy of philanthropy by giving back through the Harry Winston Hope Foundation
We all share an intense and authentic emotion for the Harry Winston brand. It's our privilege to share this passion and serve our clients as they celebrate the meaningful moments of their lives with meaningful products handcrafted by meaningful people.
Director, ManufacturingNew YorkFrom the February 15, 2017 - 00:00DescriptionOverall purpose and objectives: Lead a team of highly skilled craftspeople in the art of high jewelry manufacturing. Responsible for providing technical guidance and leadership to all craftsmen so that product meets the cost, aesthetic, and functional objectives of Harry Winston at our new Workshop.
Duties Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Responsible for daily organization and management of the NY High Jewelry Workshop.
• Assign work to craftspeople based on skills and capacity
• Supervise and be responsible for all phases of jewelry production and stone sourcing.
• Achieve the highest quality aesthetic and engineering within the cost guidance.
• Provide technical guidance in all phases of manufacturing and leadership to staff.
• Collaborate with Product Development to achieve required aesthetics and functionality of new product.
• Assure design interpretation in accordance with the Product Development standards.
• Provide project lead-times based on capacity.
• Engage effectively with clients in a courteous, professional, and efficient manner on Custom Design orders, sizing requests, and all other alterations.
• Assist and work closely with Materials and Planning Supervisor for work shop operations.
• Provide technical consultation to clients with Sales Executives as required.
• Uphold Harry Winston standards of aesthetics and design approach.
• Manage production workflow and efficiency to assure on time deliveries per committed completion timelines. Minimize rework and waste.
• Implement and share with management monthly reporting on performance.
• Monitor high value asset care and handling procedures during manufacturing process.
• Recruit, coach, train and provide guidance to all members of the Workshop.
• Responsible for creating a positive and united work environment amongst all staff by motivating and supporting the team.
• Regularly conduct team meetings, ensuring that staff is aware of the tasks, targets, products, service knowledge, updates, and client successes/opportunities.
• Lead the performance management process through regularly scheduled individual meetings with the workshop staff, including biannual performance review in partnership with Corporate HR.
• Implement all company rules to guarantee Health and Safety as well as SecurityProfilewww.harrywinston.comrequirementsRequired experience: •Over 10 years of experience in leading and managing a High Jewelry workshop •Mastery in jewelry making – likely a bench jeweler that has grown through the ranks to lead large teams •Expertise in diamonds and other precious stones (rubies, emeralds, sapphires) •Ability to coach and lead – an inspirational leader that can deal with seasoned, experienced hourly workforce Personal skills •Excellent interpersonal communications skills, including verbal and written communication. •Organizational and people management skills. •Analytical, project management skills, and the proven ability to provide solutions. •Flexible and adaptable in a fast paced work environment.languageEnglish Language skill (1): very gooddomainManufacturingpositionManagementcontractPermanent contractworking timeFull Timecontact
Sales Executive - South Coast Plaza, CaliforniaSouth Coast Plaza, Costa Mesa, CaliforniaFrom the January 25, 2017 - 00:00DescriptionSales
o Provide the Harry Winston experience to all clients.
o Meet and exceed sales targets.
o Develop potential clients through walk-in traffic.
o Maintain and grow existing clients; keep records of milestones and client’s tastes and goals for future purchases.
o Target new/specific jewelry/watch product to existing clientele.
o Assist team in sales process where needed.
o Regularly utilize all forms of communication to generate sales.
Development of Client Base
o Continually update client base through all available resources.
o Client entertainment: Seek out new methods of client development through social contacts and PR related events.
o Enter and maintain accurate information for client base data entry in GEM.
o Develop existing client base and reach new prospects.
o Provide superior after-sale service to all Harry Winston clients.
After Sale Service
o Provide the highest level of client service through personalized contact in product maintenance.
o Use all available resources to problem solving.
o Keep management informed of potential product as well as client issues.
o Follow up.Profileo Strong luxury retail jewelry and timepiece experience
o College degree
o Graduate Gemologist a plus
o Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
o Ability to work as a team player
o Basic computer literacy
o Flexible to retail working hours
o Foreign languages a plusrequirementsCollege DegreelanguageEnglish Language skill (1): excellentdomainSalespositionNon ManagementcontractPermanent contractworking timeFull Timecontactdmastacciuola@harrywinston.com
Sales Executive - San Francisco SalonSan Francisco, CaliforniaFrom the November 1, 2017 - 00:00DescriptionThe key objective of this position is to reach and surpass the sales targets in our newest Salon opening this Fall in San Francisco. The Sales Executive generates revenue for the company via the sales of Fine Jewelry and Watches while providing outstanding customer service to reflect our image as the most prestigious Rare Jewelry House in the World.
Sales Executives are to build strong relationships with clients as well as creating networks with which to meet legitimate client leads.
• Provide the Harry Winston experience to all clients.
• Meet and exceed sales targets.
• Develop potential clients through walk-in traffic.
• Maintain and grow existing clients; keep records of milestones and client’s tastes and goals for future purchases.
• Target new/specific jewelry/watch product to existing clientele.
• Assist team in sales process where needed.
• Regularly utilize all forms of communication to generate sales.
Development of Client Base
• Continually update client base through all available resources.
• Client entertainment: Seek out new methods of client development through social contacts and PR related events.
• Enter and maintain accurate information for client base data entry in GEM.
• Develop existing client base and reach new prospects.
• Provide superior after-sale service to all Harry Winston clients.
After Sale Service
• Provide the highest level of client service through personalized contact in product maintenance.
• Use all available resources to problem solving.
• Keep management informed of potential product as well as client issues.
• Follow up.Profilewww.harrywinston.comrequirements•Strong luxury retail jewelry and timepiece experience •College degree •Graduate Gemologist a plus •Strong organizational and interpersonal skills •Ability to work as a team player •Basic computer literacy •Flexible to retail working hours •Foreign languages a plus (Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese preferred)languageEnglish Language skill (1): very gooddomainSalespositionNon ManagementcontractPermanent contractworking timeFull Timecontact
Security Officer - San Francisco SalonSan Francisco, CaliforniaFrom the November 1, 2017 - 00:00DescriptionThe security officer is responsible for the safety and security of the people, product, property and information of the Company. The primary focus of the security officer is to serve as a deterrent to theft while providing a high level of customer service to all existing and potential clients at our newest Salon opening this Fall in San Francisco
The security officer will adhere to all Company security policies and procedures, and ensure the Company’s security policies and procedures are adhered to by all employees. Additionally, the security officer will provide security services at offsite locations including international locations when required.
Key Duties, Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Focused professional protection and surveillance of people, property, information and premises using personal observation and electronic techniques
- Maintain situational awareness, assess risk and scrutinize merchandise control
- Provide a high level of Customer Service, acting as “ambassador” for the Company
- Greet and/or acknowledge each client or potential client upon entering; thank them when exiting
- Appropriate communication with employees, tenants and visitors to promote smooth security service provision and individual compliance with protocols
- Identify risks
- Strict personal adherence to Company policies, security standards, and operational protocols
- Monitor, document and enforce procedural rules and regulations
- Patrol, secure and inspect facilities; internal and external
- Deterrence of, and actively stopping unauthorized activity
- Analysis of problems and completion of formal investigations
- Maintain logs, records and reports of occurrences; use computer terminals to input and retrieve data
- Respond to alarms when required
- Complete security related projects and assignments to acceptable standards, on schedule
- Key control
- Ensure proper functioning of equipment
- Deter and prevent unauthorized activity
- Analyze problems and complete investigations, properly documented, as directed
- Ability to work well within teams
- Assist with the opening and closing of facilities
- Handles other duties as requiredProfilewww.harrywinston.comrequirements- Must have a concealed weapons permit (CCW) - At least 5 years law enforcement or luxury security retail experience - No criminal record; absolute honesty and unquestionable integrity - Willingness to permit extensive background and related checks and testing by the company and its agents - A relevant, higher education qualification preferably in the security field - Above average computer skills and technological aptitude - Strong communication skills; verbal and written, in a multi-cultural, highly professional setting - Strong interpersonal skills; able to work with people at all levels with compassion and respect, with emphasis on client centered service - Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development - Flexibility to accommodate shift work as required - Willingness to adhere to prescribed dress-codes Competencies To perform the job successfully, the Security Officer should demonstrate the following competencies: Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments; maintain a high regard for the security, health and safety in a secure working environment Physical Demands - The individual must be able to stand long periods of time, walk long distances, work under harsh weather conditions and lift heavy packages Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values; natural discretion, with respect for confidentiality Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organizations strengths & weaknesses; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions Planning/Organizing - Prioritize and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; able to read and interpret written materiallanguageEnglish Language skill (1): very gooddomainWatch industry / JewellerypositionNon ManagementcontractPermanent contractworking timeFull Timecontact
Salon Assistant - San Francisco SalonSan Francisco, CaliforniaFrom the November 1, 2017 - 00:00DescriptionThe key objective of this position is to be responsible for the merchandise, to provide sales support, excellent customer service, administrative and Salon support to the Sales Executives, clients, Vault Operations Manager, Retail Operations Manager, Retail Support Manager and the Vice President of US Retail. This will be held in our newest Salon opening this Fall in San Francisco
Key Duties Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Set up jewelry in the morning and take it down in the evening.
• Conduct daily morning and evening jewelry inventory counts.
• Ensure vitrines are closed and locked and track the movement of keys.
• Document all movement of jewelry in vitrines and report count changes to Vault Operations Manager.
• Ensure all jewelry in vitrines are displayed properly; tagged, cleaned, polished, on correct form and in working order.
• Understand repair, move, transfer and memo processes.
• Courier jewelry between salon, Jewelry Division offices and the workshop.
Direct Sales Support
• On call at all times to assist Sales Executives with clients.
• Transporting jewelry to and from the vault.
• Modeling jewelry.
• Monitor and track jewelry being shown by the Sales Executives.
• Assist with having jewelry cleaned and minor repairs performed.
• Have a complete working knowledge of GEM:
• Responsible for executing GEM stock searches and printing proper documentation.
• Proper knowledge of jewelry and watch inventory and how to search for these items in GEM efficiently.
• Maintain correct client information and update in GEM as changes are received.
• Responsible for GEM sales invoicing, daily sales log, tracking and forecasting.
• Provide refreshments.
• Handle client telephone requests.
• Escort clients throughout the building.
• Respect the client's privacy and keep all client information confidential.
• Be available to honor any reasonable customer service request.
• Follow Daily Checklist for opening and closing duties.
• Prepare retail replacement valuations.
• Answer telephones, monitor voicemails and take messages.
• Administer client correspondence.
• Ensure all salon offices are stocked with necessary office supplies, catalogues, forms and stationary.
• Prepare and process jewelry shipment requests with thorough documentation.
• Maintain advertising and editorial information board.
• Maintain client mailing lists.
• Maintain events calendar and report ROI to Marketing.
• Assist with business related errands.
• Ensure the salon, salon offices and jewelry vitrines are always clean and orderly.
• Work with the maintenance and IT departments to ensure all equipment is in working order.
• Primary back-up for Concierge and Vault Operations Manager for lunch breaks, days off and vacation/sick leave.Profilewww.harrywinston.comrequirementsDegrees & Experience •Strong communication and organizational skills •College degree •Proficient with Microsoft Office •Ability to work as a team player •Foreign languages a pluslanguageEnglish Language skill (1): very gooddomainSalespositionNon ManagementcontractPermanent contractworking timeFull Timecontactdmastacciuola@harrywinston.com
Operations Manager - San Francisco SalonSan Francisco, CaliforniaFrom the November 1, 2017 - 00:00DescriptionThe Operations Manager supports the Salon Director in all efforts to achieve the sales and operational goals for our newest Salon opening this Fall in San Francisco.
Primary focus is on the coaching and development of the operations staff and to assist the Salon Director with the Sales Executive’s growth. Successfully execute all operational, marketing and sales generating initiatives. Support the Salon Manager as required and manage all aspects of the store in the absence of the Salon Director.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• The key objective of this postion is to manage all Salon operations, logistics and maintenance on a daily basis. This will promote optimal sales and create an efficient work environment. He or she is to partner with the Retail Salon Director in executing operations and client services training to all Sales Executives and Salon Assistants
o Managing Salong Assistants
o Client Services
o Salon Maintenance
o Salon Operation
o Human Resource liaison
o Support and training of Salon Sales staff
o Back Office Environment
o Managing Special Projects
o Collaboration with Vault ManagerProfilewww.harrywinston.comrequirementsDegrees and Experience: • At least three years experience in luxury retail • Inventory control experience • Proficient in Microsoft Office • ‘Stock and pick’ basic knowledge • Intermediate knowledge of international shipping rules is required • Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment • Strong analytical and organization skills • Undergraduate degree preferred • Graduate Gemologist Diploma (GIA) preferred • Jewelry / Watch inspection experience preferredlanguageEnglish Language skill (1): very gooddomainRetailpositionManagementcontractPermanent contractworking timeFull Timecontactdmastacciuola@harrywinston.com
Vault Coordinator - San Francisco SalonSan Francisco, CaliforniaFrom the November 1, 2017 - 00:00DescriptionThe key objective of this position is to assist the Operations Manager with Vault Operations to promote optimal sales and maintenance of the newest Salon opening this Fall in San Francisco. Other specific responsibilities to this role include inventory control, merchandise movement, and being a reliable vault back up
◦Assist in the day to day operations of the vault
◦Follow basic opening and closing procedures
◦Record and reconcile incoming and outgoing merchandise to and from the vault
◦Act as a reliable back up to the Vault Manager
◦Responsible for executing GEM stock seraches and printing proper documention
◦Maintain correct client information and update in GEM as needed.
• Merchandise Handling and Inspection
◦Inspect inbound and outbound jewelry merchandise transfers and memo returns in accordance to current QA policies and procedures.
◦Ensure proper care and handling of all merchandise and company assests.
• Inventory Count
◦Assist with vitrine counts at least three times daily.
◦Perform bi-weekly and monthly physical inventory of merchandise.
◦Responsible for signing merchandise in and out of the vault and reconciling inventory daily.
◦Assist with the execution of daily sales and credit invoices in GEM amd provide proper documentation to Accounting.
• Merchandise Planning
◦Coordinate with the Vault Manager and the Merchandise Planning Department for jewelry replenishment and stock transfers.
• Merchandise Movement
◦Provide support to the Vault Manager with photoshoot requests, salon events, and other memos including the proper forms and other documentation.
◦Produce proper transfer documents for stock and COM merchandise.
• Client Services
◦Assist with ecommerce sales including processing the sale, following accounting procedures, communicating with the client services department, and maintaing correspondence with the client.Profilewww.harrywinston.comrequirementsInventory control experience preferred •3+ years of experience preferred •Prior experience in luxury goods •Proficient in Microsoft Office •Ability to multitast and work in a fast-paced environment a must •Strong analytical and organizational skills •Detail orientation a must •Undergraduate degree preferred •Jewelry/Watch Inspection experience preferredlanguageEnglish Language skill (1): very gooddomainOtherpositionNon ManagementcontractPermanent contractworking timeFull Timecontactdmastacciuola@harrywinston.com
Security Operations Officer - Ontario, TorontoTorontoFrom the October 15, 2017 - 00:00DescriptionKey Duties and Responsibilities:
Utilizing and monitoring the organization’s electronic security systems and auditing security procedures in order to protect people, product and premises. Manages and maintains electronic surveillance and detection systems through security console operations to include: Digital Video Management Systems, Electronic Access Control Systems, Intrusion Detection Systems and remote location support. Identifies initiates and coordinates appropriate response/notification based on security guidelines. Provides first point of contact and assistance for alarms or emergency situations globally.
• Protects the organization’s physical assets by maintaining and safe guarding the global facilities.
• Under direct supervision performs assigned tasks from detailed instructions, established policies and procedures.
• Keeps accurate log of events and occurrences based on security guidelines for future assessment and analysis.
• Enters and retrieves data utilizing the organization’s security management system
• Provides a high level of customer service and provides assistance to level 3 technical support personnel.
• Continually monitor video and manage the electronic security system for all locations. This entails frequently checking the status of all systems and equipment to ensure proper functioning and may include operating several pieces of equipment concurrently so as to expedite communication and response.
• Receive incoming calls and e-mails, obtains detailed information on reported problems and fully record the information electronically. Provide level 1 and level 2 support services. For level 3 support, contact the appropriate technical response team, pass on the required information and record the resolution of problems.
• Implement the required response to all security, fire, medical and other emergenices in an expeditious and efficient manner and in doing so, establish the appropriate priorities to ensure that those situations which present the possibility of injury, loss or damage are dealt with effectively.
• Develop and maintain well organized filing system for operations that permits easy reference and rapid retrieval of information.
• Identifies and assists in establishing preventative measures and protocols to enhance efficiency.
• Coordinates the resolution of all incidents and follow-through with the responsible parties to ensure complete resolution of the issue.
• Communicates clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
• Documents all deficiencies and co-ordinates with the technical team to provide interim and long term solutions.
• Follows change and other management control processes, guidelines, and best practices.
• Provides knowledge transfer to colleagues related to the work performed to ensure continuity.
• The Communications Security Officer will exercise a high degree of tact and discretion in communicating with Corporate Executives, staff of all levels, contractors, alarm monitoring stations, police, fire and ambulance services and regional, national and international offices. All communications must be clear, complete and accurate.
• The Communications Security Officer will participate in the training of other CSO’s under the direction of the Remote Operations Centre Manager. The training encompasses equipment operation and procedures, system management, security operations and emergency protocols.ProfileDegrees and Experience
• Required to work shifts on a rotating basis including holidays and weekends.
• University, College and/or certification in a related field are necessary. Technical computer training is an asset.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written English), computer, analytical, decision making and detailed logging skills as well the ability to use modern communication technology competently and clearly is essential.
• Experience with MS Office Word, Excel, Power Point and outlook is required.
• Most of the duties are performed in a seated position but require regular movement to monitor and operate the various systems.
• Normal manual dexterity and hand/eye coordination, repetitive hand movement using a computer keyboard and mouse, acute hearing is essential.
• Works in a relatively isolated, strictly secure environment.requirementsCollege degreelanguageEnglish Language skill (1): excellentdomainOtherpositionNon ManagementcontractPermanent contractworking timeFull Timecontactdmastacciuola@harrywinston.com